HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
December 18, 2019
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Mike Freeman called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 18, 2019 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Visitors present were Gabe Carpenter.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Gabe Carpenter from the Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office was present. There was a discussion about the intersection at Duvall and Ashville Pike and the number of accidents. Gabe mentioned the need for an East-West corridor for semi trucks going to Rickenbacker.
- Dale received a zoning application from Grant Hossfeld at 12585 Lockbourne Eastern Road for a 36×30 Accessory Building.
- Dale received a zoning application from Hailey Lester at 3025 Duvall Court for a 40×14 Remodel.
- The snow plow truck will be listed in the Circleville Herald and bids opened January 8th, 2020.
- Jared stated that he replaced the catch basin top near the township house with a new 36 x 36 concrete top. The cost was $196.00
- Jared stated that he would like to purchase 20 ton of 4/11 gravel to fill in the road burn on Duvall and Bulen Pierce Road. He stated that Digger McCray’s price is $440 for 20 ton of gravel. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to approve getting 20 tons of gravel at $440 for Weigand Road and Bulen Pierce and Duvall. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Columbarium pricing was tabled to the next meeting.
- Darryl mentioned buying a mower(s) for the cemetery. The Trustees would like for Darryl to obtain pricing from several vendors.
- Darryl requested December 20th off for a doctor appointment and requested to use vacation. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to approve December 20th, 2019 off as a vacation day. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle stated that Shawn Davidson and Phillip Engler will be the representatives for VFDFF.
- Chief Noggle stated that M802 is scheduled for re-chassis end of January 2020.
- The Chief stated that the fire department roof is leaking and phones going down. He stated that Freedom Link will redo phone system.
- The Chief stated that Muhlenberg Township and Jackson Township contracts are up December 31, 2020. He stated that Barbara Knox from Jackson Township sent him an email stating they would pay the contract fee on February 3, 2020.
- DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve having the End of Year township meeting to approve bills paid and the 2020 Appropriations at 9:00am on December 31, 2019. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
A RESOLUTION TO RENEW CDs NUMBER 411195 AND 411196 FOR FIVE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN THOUSAND, SIX-HUNDRED AND EIGHT DOLLARS AND FORTY-EIGHT CENTS ($514,608.48) EACH AT KINGSTON NATIONAL BANK AT AN INTEREST RATE OF 1.68 PERCENT FOR 9 MONTHS. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-123.
A RESOLUTION TO ALLOW THE USE OF AN “EMPLOYEE DISHONESTY AND FAITHFUL PERFORMANCE OF DUTY” COVERAGE DOCUMENT, ISSUED THROUGH OTARMA, RATHER THAN A SURETY BOND, TO COVER LOSS BY FRAUDULENT OR DISHONEST ACTIONS OF EMPLOYEES AND FAILURE OF EMPLOYEES TO FAITHFULLY PERFORM DUTIES. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-124.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
December 4, 2019 Regular Meeting: Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of December 4, 2019 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion. Mr. DeFelice did not vote as he was absent from the December 4th meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-125.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the December 18, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:27am.