HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
December 5, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 5, 2017 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Residents Darryl Ward, James Kuhlwein, Kenny Cookson, Ryan Thompson, Jim Deal and Michael Freeman were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Ryan Thompson was present with interest in the open position on the Zoning Commission. Mr. DeFelice asked if he would be able to attend regularly scheduled meetings on the second Monday of each quarter and Ryan said he would.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT RYAN THOMPSON TO THE TERM EXPIRING IN DECEMBER 2022 ON THE ZONING COMMISSION EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-107.
- Dale was asked to check if there is a zoning permit for 11789 Ashville Pike where a pole barn is being constructed.
- One of the garage door tracks was hit by the backhoe and D&K Doors will fix it.
- The GMC Snowplow needs to be repaired and Kevin is waiting for bids from two garages.
- The Ford 550 may have a battery problem. It is at Coughlin Ford and they are checking it.
- We have received the information from the County Engineer regarding the 2018 County Wide Resurfacing Program. They have asked for a list of roads to be considered for resurfacing no later than February 16th.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- One bid was received for the 1995 Pierce Fire Engine from Saltcreek-Tarlton Fire Department for $7500.00.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE BID OF $7500.00 FROM SALTCREEK-TARLTON FIRE DEPARTMENT FOR THE 1995 PIERCE FIRE ENGINE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-108.
- Mr. DeFelice will notify Gator’s Jons to remove the portable toilet from the cemetery by the end of the year as decided by the Trustees earlier this year.
- The Principal Financial Group has sent a bill for the January payment of dental and vision insurance of $1407.35.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PRE-PAYMENT TO PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP FOR $1407.35 FOR JANUARY 2018 DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-109.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 21, 2017 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 21, 2017 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve the motion.
HEARING OF APPLICANTS:
Mr. Welsh explained to the attending applicants interested in the Trustee position that the position would be for the years 2018 and 2019 and this Trustee position would be on the ballot in 2019 for the years 2020 and 2021. Mr. Welsh then gave each applicant an opportunity to speak. The following applicants shared why they are interested in the Trustee position: Mr. Cookson, Mr. Deal, Dr. Freeman, Mr. Kuhlwein and Mr. Ward. Mr. Welsh thanked each of the applicants for applying and for their interest in Harrison Township.
At 7:31pm Mr. DeFelice made a motion to go into executive session based upon the appointment of a public official. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes.
At 7:57pm Mr. DeFelice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes.
The Trustees were in agreement that the best applicant for the vacant Trustee position was Dr. Michael Freeman. He will be appointed on January 2, 2018. The Fiscal Officer will prepare letters for the other six applicants.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-110.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 21, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:12pm.