HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
February 16, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice-Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of February 16, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Doug Clark was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Doug reported that the Zoning Appeals Board had met on February 8 regarding a zoning variance for a Hoover Road property. The clerk noted that she has not received the Legal Notice, attendance or minutes for this meeting.
- Doug asked if we had heard anything regarding the Renick property. We have not heard from either the building department or the health department regarding that property.
- Kevin stated that Joey has done an outstanding job working the last two weeks.
- March 1st Kevin will attend his recertification class.
- Kevin will need a couple of hours off on March 4th.
- Kevin and Mr. DeFelice will meet tomorrow with a representative from BWC about possible items available with a BWC grant.
- Mr. DeFelice has talked with the County Engineer about enacting the Ohio Freeze-Thaw Law on Bulen- Pierce Road. It would make it illegal for heavy trucks to use that road during the winter until May 1st.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief and Mr. DeFelice will each contact a couple of architects and set up appointments to meet with them so the building remodel can begin.
- The County is planning to change to a different radio system by the end of 2017. It is not known how large this expense will be for the department but it could be substantial.
- The Chief asked for a Trustee to attend the Safety Council Banquet on March 8 at 11:30am. Mr. DeFelice will attend to represent the Trustee Board.
- Mr. DeFelice asked the Chief for a list of added responsibilities and costs to the fire department due to the large buildings in the intermodal area.
At 7:46pm Chief Edgington asked to go into executive session to discuss a personnel matter regarding a promotion within the fire department. Mr. Welsh made a motion to go into executive session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes.
At 8:04pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. De Felice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes.
- The Trustees will wait until the next meeting to make a decision regarding the matter discussed, so that all Trustees are present.
- Cemetery Fees: tabled until the next meeting.
- Township Roads to be done by the County Roads Project: tabled until next meeting.
- The BWC has asked if anyone is interested in attending the hearing regarding Andrea Osborne’s workers’ comp claim from October 2015. The Trustees will let Care Works represent us for this.
- The clerk asked about a FOIA request from Weaver Consultants Group regarding undeveloped commercial land on SR 752. The Trustees stated that according to our records, prior to being annexed into the Village of Ashville, this property was zoned Farm Residential and had no permits, tanks or storage buildings erected on the property. The Fire Chief will also respond to this FOIA.
- The clerk presented a letter from Miller Commons regarding the proposed 40 unit senior housing project on Miller Avenue. The Trustees have no comments or objections to this project.
- Park and Trails Grant: We have no parks and/or trails to improve.
- Township Safety Sign Grant Program: The Clerk gave the materials for this grant to both Mr. DeFelice and Mr. Welsh to read and the Trustees will discuss this at the next meeting.
- The Trustees asked the Clerk to write a letter listing the requirements of the zoning minutes, attendance and legal notices and bring it to the next meeting.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
February 2, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 2, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-14.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the February 16, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.