February 3, 2021
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
February 03, 2021
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of February 3, 2021 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Assistant Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Trustee Mike Freeman, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse and Zoning Inspector Ben Bitler were absent. Firefighter Robert Wall was present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Firefighter Wall stated he had reports of the Firefighter’s Union new Executive Board and Committee assignments.
- The Flower Business on Miller Road did receive a variance in March 2019. The Chief will follow up regarding a fire inspection.
- Assistant Prosecutor Jayme told Mr. DeFelice there is nothing we can do about the SR 762 property with the large pile of firewood in the driveway unless he is advertising to sell it.
- Ben got a call about a sink hole in a driveway on Duvall Road. The property owner will put in a new driveway and was asked to fill out a driveway permit, although he will not be charged a permit fee.
- A new home is being built on Duvall Court West and they will need a driveway permit.
- Jared reported that there are five roads to submit for pricing for the County Wide Resurfacing Program. Once the pricing is received the Trustees will decide which roads to include in this year’s resurfacing program.
- MaryAnn will submit the resolution for weight limit reductions to the Commissioners for approval.
- Darryl submitted a request for vacation. DeFelice made a motion to approved Darryl’s vacation from May 14 through May 17, 2021. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve it. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to approved Darryl’s vacation from June 21 through June 26, 2021. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve it.
- Darryl proposed purchasing a 55 gallon drum of DEF Fluid for the tractors and trucks. It was decided that Lykins would be the best option and the Trustees approved this purchase.
- The Chief stated that the interviews for the top three candidates for the full-time firefighter position will be held on February 16. Welsh will attend those interviews.
- Lacey Perigo accepted the vacation bump offer.
- Jackson Township Trustees signed the 2021 Fire Contract and sent a check for the new contract amount.
- The Trustees told the Fire Chief that he will receive his performance review at the February 17 meeting.
- The Township received notice that the Commissioners were asked to approve the annexation to Ashville of 76.0642 acres on west side of Ashville Pike, adjoining the current housing development.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 20, 2021 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 20, 2021 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R21-17.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the February 3, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:45am.