HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
January 16, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of January 16, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Firefighter Beau Ramey was also in attendance.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Firefighter Beau Ramey explained that the firefighters want to transfer the 457 retirement plan from Security Benefit/Prudential to an OAPFF 457 Plan with LPL Financial Corporation. The Trustees asked if there are any fees that would be required from the firefighters or the Township. The Trustees also asked Firefighter Ramey to present a list with signatures from all members currently enrolled in the 457 plan stating that they want to change to the LPL Financial Corporation. Firefighter Ramey will return to the next meeting with additional information regarding this plan.
- MaryAnn asked Dale if all Zoning Resolutions from 2017 have been filed with the County Recorder. Dale will get an updated map from Terry Frazier. MaryAnn will file the Resolutions with the County Recorder.
- Kevin has surgery scheduled for February 21st and will be off work for six weeks to recover.
- Kevin signed up and paid for his commercial pesticide certification license class on February 23rd, but because of his surgery, he needs to change the date to February 15th. The Trustees approved this.
- Mr. Welsh asked Kevin to make sure the Fire Station lot is plowed first when there is snow.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Kevin for a list of roads needing to be repaired this year.
- All signs from the ODOT grant have been received and must be installed by August 6, 2018.
- Kevin asked for clarification of how he is paid when he is called in to work on a holiday, on a scheduled vacation day and overtime pay after forty hours per week. Mr. DeFelice explained the following:
- According to our HR department, because Kevin has chosen to work “flex hours” rather than the same standard hours five days a week, his overtime begins when he exceeds forty hours for the work week (Sunday through Saturday). Mr. DeFelice instructed Kevin to keep his hours as close to forty as possible. If there is a Saturday funeral, he should adjust his hours during the week to allow for those hours.
- If Kevin has scheduled a day as vacation (and it has been approved by the Trustees) and then is called in for any reason, he may call a Trustee and explain that he cannot work and is on vacation. If he chooses to go into work on that day, he will be paid standard hourly wages for the hours worked and only charged for vacation time for the balance of hours, up to eight hours per day.
- After much discussion, the Trustees gave Kevin the choice of taking all holidays on the day they occur and receiving time and a half pay for any hours called in to work on a holiday OR allowing him to “flex” his holidays (with prior approval from the Trustees) which would allow him to work for straight time on the holiday and take holiday pay for a different day. Kevin chose to flex his holidays to take some holidays on a different day.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE ALLOWING KEVIN HULSE TO CHOOSE TO WORK ON A HOLIDAY AT STRAIGHT TIME AND TAKE A DIFFERENT DAY OFF IN LEIU OF THAT HOLIDAY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHRISTMAS DAY. EACH “IN-LEIU OF HOLIDAY” MUST BE TAKEN WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THAT HOLIDAY AND MUST BE APPROVED BY THE TRUSTEES. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-06.
- Michael’s Tunneling is continuing to use Bulen-Pierce Road north of SR 762. According to the Road Use Maintenance Agreement they are to only use Picway, Shepherd and Ashville Pike. Mr. DeFelice checked with the County Engineer’s office and found the Trustees can ask the Commissioners for a 50% weight reduction on Bulen-Pierce Road.
A RESOLUTION TO REQUEST THE PICKAWAY COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS ENACT A TEMPORARY 50% LOAD REDUCTION ON BULEN-PIERCE ROAD FROM STATE ROUTE 762 TO SHEPHERD ROAD DUE TO EXCESSIVE MOISTURE AND AN UNSTABLE ROAD BED. THIS REDUCTION IS TO BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL APRIL 30, 2018. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. Resolution 18-07 carried.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
The Fire Chief had no items that required Trustee approval.
- The Commissioners’ Leadership Prayer Breakfast January 16th at 7:30am. Dr. Freeman was unable to attend because of the snowfall and other responsibilities.
- P3 Investor Reception on January 25th at 5:00pm. Dr. Freeman will attend.
- The Trustees asked the Fiscal Officer to have the Zoning Secretary attend the meeting on February 20, 2018 to discuss her job description and performance review.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
January 2, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 2, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The Trustees signed new signature cards for the General and the EMS Billing checking accounts at The Savings Bank to add Dr. Freeman to the accounts.
A RESOLUTION TO ADD DR. MICHAEL J FREEMAN AS AN AUTHOURIZED SIGNER ON THE GENERAL CHECKING AND EMS BILLING CHECKING ACCOUNTS AT THE SAVINGS BANK. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-08.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE OUR ACH PAYROLL SUBMISSION TO THE SAVINGS BANK AND SIGN THE ACH AGREEMENT WITH THE SAVINGS BANK. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-09.
A RESOLUTION TO PAY JEFFERSON HEALTH PLAN THE PAYMENT OF $44,957.18 FOR THE MEDICAL INSURANCE RUN-OUT CLAIMS FOR 2017. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-10.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R18-11.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded the motion to adjourn the January 16, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.