HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
July 15, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 15, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Keith Peters was absent. Also attending was Jason Harral from Harral and Stevenson.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Jason was present to inquire about the easements for the Lockbourne Eastern Road ditch project. The Trustees explained that we have only had five of the twelve easements signed and returned. Some residents claim they don’t have any problems with water and one resident doesn’t want his driveway cut. Jason encouraged the Trustees to visit the residents again and explain that we can still put the main trunk line in the existing right-of-way but we wouldn’t do any ditch improvement without the easements. The driveway will still be cut and repaired. The Trustees will visit each of those residents and explain this to them and encourage them to sign the easements. Jason asked if this could be done by July 31st so that any changes to the plan can be made before the next meeting on August 5th so the project can be sent out for bid.
- The Appeals Board denied the variance request from Sam Hall for the additional lots for the 32 acre parcel on the Southeast corner of Lockbourne Eastern Road and St. Paul Road.
- It has been over thirty days since the Appeals Board issued a second notice of violation to Paul Pence.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE PROCEED WITH THE ZONING VIOLATION AGAINST PAUL PENCE/PENLIN FARMS, 11658 BULEN PIERCE ROAD, LOCKBOURNE, OH 43137. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-53.
- Joe asked if one of the Trustees would call Jayme and inquire as to the Burdak and Bailey zoning violations and what is being done. It has been nearly a year since the Burdak violation was turned over to the Prosecutor’s office. Mr. Clark said he would call Jayme.
- Robin Welsh has resigned as secretary of both the Zoning Commission and the Zoning Appeals Boards as of August 30, 2014 because she will be moving out of the township.
- Kevin will contact Sam’s Excavating about repairing the tile on Duvall Road that was approved at the last meeting.
- The GMC snow plow needs to be repaired before winter. There are several cracks in the plow. He would like to take the plow to CCI for repair.
A RESOLUTION TO TAKE THE GMC SNOW PLOW TO CCI FOR REPAIR OF THE PLOW. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-54.
- Pritchard Electric submitted a bid to bury the electric line to the stage/flagpole area for $2800.00. The Trustees decided not to do this project at this time.
- Kevin presented two bids for trimming, clean up and removal of dead tree limbs at the cemetery. The bid from Williams Tree Service was for $700.00 and the bid from Cain’s Tree LLC was for $1375.00.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE BID FROM WILLIAMS TREE SERVICE FOR $700.00 TO TRIM, CLEAN UP AND REMOVE DEAD TREE LIMBS FROM THE CEMETERY. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-55.
- Kevin asked for July 18 and 19 off as comp time. The Trustees approved this time off.
- Kevin inquired about his cell phone while on vacation in August. He will be out of the country, so the Trustees asked him to change his outgoing voicemail message to refer callers to Mr. Welsh’s cell phone.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- HTFD had 35 runs from June 30th through July 4, with 15 runs on the 4th. We also had mutual aid called in to help.
- The Chief went over the Chief’s report. No items required approval.
- Mr. Welsh reported on the Aleris Tax Incentive Review Council Meeting at the County on July 9. Aleris has done a lot for the community and has contributed $55,000.00 to the schools. The council voted to leave the tax abatement as is.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 17, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 17, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
July 1, 2014 Special meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the special meeting of July 1, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE REALLOCATION OF $6000.00 FROM WORKERS’ COMP (2111-220-230-0000) TO TAX COLLECTION FEES (2111-220-314-0000). Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-56.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $4000.00 FROM THE ROAD AND BRIDGE FUND TO GROUP INSURANCE (2031-330-381-0005) TO COVER EXCESS IN CONSORTIUM DEDUCTIBLES AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-57.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2015 AS PRESENTED AND ATTACHED. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two votes to approve R14-58.
The Fiscal Officer asked if the Trustees wanted to attend the Budget Hearing with the Budget Commission. They declined.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-59.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the July 15, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:25pm.