HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
July 16, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Trustee Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 16, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Residents Randy Arledge and Dorothy Green were also present. Trustee Keith Peters was absent.
- Joe sent a second notice of zoning violation to Pavel & Taisa Burdak with a copy to the Prosecutor’s office for running a commercial business from a Farm Residential zoned property.
- The Trustees will need to hold a public meeting regarding the re-zoning of property on Picway Road and SR 23.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief received a grant for $1000.00 from the Norfolk Southern Foundation and will receive a $1389.00 grant from the Aladdin Shriners.
- The Chief plans to post the request for applications from those interested in the Captain’s position and have that position filled by the end of August.
- The new medic should be delivered in September.
- Kevin requested vacation days on Fridays, July 19th and July 26th and Thursday, August 8th. He will make sure that the cemetery work will be covered. The Trustees approved these days off.
- Someone took all of the old sign posts, signs and scrap iron from under the lean-to. Kevin filed a police report. No insurance report was filed because the value would be about the same as our deductible.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Randy Arledge had no business to discuss. He stated he was just observing the meeting.
- Dorothy Green stated that she will be retiring from the Zoning Commission as of December 31, 2013. The Clerk asked Dorothy to submit her resignation in writing. The Trustees thanked her for her service.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
There was no action on the minutes from the July 2 meeting as only Mr. Welsh was present at both meetings.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- A second garnishment has been received from the Circleville Court for a firefighter who just finished paying off a previous garnishment.
- MaryAnn presented the 2014 budget. She pointed out the two areas of significant increase which are the Fire Fund Transfers Out to pay notes on the Engine and two medics and the $25000.00 which will need to be transferred from the General Fund to the Cemetery Fund as the Cemetery Fund is nearly depleted.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2014 AS PRESENTED AND ATTACHED. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two votes to approve R13-63.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-64.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the July 16, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.