HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
July 7, 2021
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 7, 2021 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Michael Freeman, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Inspector Ben Bitler was absent. Visitors present were Ryan Scibner, Brad Thompson and Bobby Wall.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Ryan Scribner with JEDD was present to inform the Trustees that has been talking to multiple owners in both townships (Madison and Harrison) about getting into the JEDD by volunteering. Ryan also mentioned that the help from JEDD to assist with the purchase of a fire ladder truck would be beneficial to the entire community and possibly lower property insurance rates.
- Brad Thompson, fiscal officer for Jackson Township, was present to discuss the upcoming fire contract between Jackson and Harrison Township.
- DeFelice reported that the driveway pipe was approved and installed on Lockbourne Eastern and another pipe was approved and installed on Duvall Court.
ROAD SUPERINTENDENT: None
- Darryl requested to go into executive session to discuss his current job status.
At 9:04am, Dr. Freeman asked to enter into executive session to discuss Darryl Ward’s job status as Cemetery Superintendent. Dr. Freeman made a motion to go into executive session and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
At 9:09am, Mr. DeFelice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
- Chief Noggle reported that Pickaway County did approve to purchase 2 water rescue boats(1 boat for Harrison Township and 1 boat for Scioto Township) and train the fire department personnel, not to exceed $60,000.
- Chief Noggle reported that the swearing in of Alex Keefe, Jordan Hempker and Anthony Mastracci is July 29, 2021.
- The fire department received a check from the Pickaway County Fair when the check was meant to be for the Harrison Township Association. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to approve the donation of the check to Harrison Township Association. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Lindsay reported that she will be unable to attend the October 20, 2021 meeting. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded to move the October 20, 2021 meeting to October 27, 2021. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE 2022 BUDGET PROPOSAL AS ATTACHED TO SUBMIT TO THE PICKAWAY COUNTY AUDITOR. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded, and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-61.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE HOLIDAY OF JUNETEETH AS RECOGNIZED BY THE STATE OF OHIO BASED UPON ON IT GOING INTO A LAW FOR TOWNSHIPS. Mr. DeFelice moved, Dr. Freeman seconded, and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-62.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 16, 2021 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 16, 2021 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved, Dr. Freeman seconded, and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-63.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the July 7, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:37am.