June 16, 2021
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 16, 2021
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 16, 2021 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Michael Freeman, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Inspector Ben Bitler was absent. Visitors present were Jere Marks, Adam Negley and Mindy Mason.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Jere Marks, Director of Environmental Health at the Pickaway County Health Department, was present to explain the product and design of the new sewer system for the ditch line at 10939 Lockbourne Eastern Road. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to approve a new septic system proposed by the Pickaway County Health Department with a catch basin in the right of way for the Harrison Township ditch line at 10939 Lockbourne Eastern Road. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Adam Negley, Health Commissioner, was present to introduce himself and explain the current status of the Pickaway County health update.
- Mindy Mason presented photos from the cemetery of items being left on graves and requested an explanation of how the removal of the items are handled by the township.
ZONING INSPECTOR: None
- Jared reported that the tractor has arrived and it will take around 2-3 weeks to get the edge painted on Hoover Road.
CEMETERY SEXTON/SUPERVISOR: None
- Chief Noggle reported that Justin Borghese put in his resignation. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to accept Justin Borghese’s resignation as of July 4, 2021. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle reported that random drug testing and apparatus accident drug testing policies will be sent to Cleamens and Nelson for review and then brought to the Board of Trustees for review and approval.
- Chief Noggle requested to use a spare EMS vehicle to cover the harness racing at the Pickaway County far. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to approve the use of a spare EMS vehicle to cover the harness racing at the Pickaway County Fair, June 19-21, 2021. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE JARED BURKEY AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER AND EMT ON JUNE 21, 2021 WITH A STARTING WAGE OF $12.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Welsh moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-58.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE ALEX KEEFE AS A FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER BEGINNING JULY 14, 2021 AT THE CURRENT CONTRACT WAGE OF STARTING FIREFIGHTER CONTINGENT UPON VALIDATION OF THE OP&FPF PHYSICAL AND STRESS TEST. Mr. Welsh moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-59.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 2, 2021 Regular Meeting: Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 2 2021 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved, Dr. Freeman seconded, and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-60.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the June 16, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 10:30am.