June 2, 2021
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 2, 2021
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 2, 2021 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Michael Freeman, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Inspector Ben Bitler was absent. Visitors present that were Bobby Wall and Andrew Patterson representing the Fire Fighters Union and Deputy Gabe Carpenter.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Deputy Carpenter asked if there were any concerns within the township that needed to be address.
ZONING INSPECTOR: None
- Jared reported that a resident on Duvall Court requested a street light and the resident was informed that they will need to call South Central Power to have one installed.
- Darryl reported that the Memorial Day services at the cemetery included over 200 attendees.
- Chief Noggle reported that Benjamin Danzig put in his resignation. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to accept Benjamin Danzig’s resignation as of June 1, 2021. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle reported that the new power cots are being installed.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE GAGE WEILER AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER AND EMT ON JUNE 9, 2021 WITH A STARTING WAGE OF $12.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Welsh moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-55.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE JARED YOUNKIN AS A PART-TIME FIREFIGHTER AND EMT ON JUNE 9, 2021 WITH A STARTING WAGE OF $12.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Welsh moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-56.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 19, 2021 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 19, 2021 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded, and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R21-57.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the June 2, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:16am.