HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
June 3, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 3, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Randy Arledge was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Randy Arledge asked for an update on the Lockbourne Eastern Ditch project. The Trustees explained that only five of the twelve easements have been returned by the owners. One owner has refused to sign an easement because he doesn’t want his driveway torn up.
- Joe sent a second notice of zoning violation to Danny and Teresa Bailey for not having a zoning certificate for the shed on their property.
- Joe attended the ODOT meeting on May 29th and they are talking about closing several roads in the north part of the township.
- Joe has requested that both companies who are building ponds near Duvall, provide the exact elevations when finished for the fire department.
- Mr. Peters had a call from Pandora Grain and they are frustrated with the mud and water on Duvall Road.
- Kevin has contacted the owners of several properties that need to be mowed.
- Kevin will ask Sam’s Excavating for a bid for repairing the tile blow-out at the southeast corner of Lockbourne Eastern Road and St. Paul Road.
- Rural King has a lift to help pick up zero turn mowers which would be much safer. The Trustees approved the purchase of this lift for $200.00 or less.
- The clerk read a letter from Shirley Fraley and Christine Vaughn requesting the removal of two bushes and other growth beside the headstone of Wilson and Daisy Seymour. The Trustees asked Kevin to remove these items as requested.
- Matthew Scholl is willing to help with work at the cemetery and roads.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE FIREFIGHTER MATTHEW SCHOLL TO HELP KEVIN WHEN NEEDED BEGINNING JUNE 4, 2014. HE WILL BE PAID $12.00 PER HOUR FOR CEMETERY WORK AND $15.00 PER HOUR FOR HELPING ON THE ROADS. ONCE HE ACQUIRES HIS CDL LICENSE HE WILL BE PAID $20.00 PER HOUR FOR DRIVING THE SNOW PLOW. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R14-43.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief had nothing to report or needing approval.
- The Trustees asked about the medic being donated to Box 65. The Chief is waiting to hear from the prosecutor’s office regarding the transfer of title.
A RESOLUTION TO CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THE FIREFIGHTER’S PICKUP PLAN TO 11.50% EFFECTIVE AS OF JULY 13, 2014, AS APPROVED IN RESOLUTION 2013-46 ON MAY 7, 2013. THE BOARD HAS DETERMINED TO CONTINUE TO PICKUP ALL OF THE MANDATORY CONTRIBUTIONS BY THE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE OHIO POLICE & FIRE PENSION FUND BY PAYING THE CONTRIBUTIONS THROUGH A PAYROLL REDUCTION. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R 14-44.
- We have only received five (of twelve) signed easements from the residents on Lockbourne Eastern Road. The Trustees will try to get the remaining residents to return their forms.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 20, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 20, 2014 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-45.
The Village of South Bloomfield is asking for direct consent to annex the 45.725 acres that the waste water treatment facility is on.
A RESOLUTION TO GRANT DIRECT CONSENT FOR THE ANNEXATION OF PARCEL NUMBER D1200010003200, A 45.725 ACRE TRACT, TO THE VILLAGE OF SOUTH BLOOMFIELD FROM THE HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-46.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the June 3, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:35pm.