March 1, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
March 1, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of March 1, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse was absent. Also attending were residents Ralph Nelson, Rita Rader and Richard Wright.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Ralph Nelson addressed the board regarding the property at 2515 State Route 752. He stated that there are fourteen cars, lots of trash and many barking dogs. He also stated that in the summer the grass is allowed to grow to three or four feet before being mowed. He asked the Trustees to enforce the zoning resolution. Mr. DeFelice explained that the dogs must be reported to the county dog warden. Our zoning inspector will go out to check on the property and if necessary, issue a zoning violation for the unlicensed cars and the trash. If the Trustees are notified when the grass is high, they will send a letter giving the resident ten days to mow before having it mowed and charging the resident.
- Stacey Bramlett, a Right of Way Agent representing AT&T left a card regarding right of way for a fiber optic cable. DeFelice will contact her for details.
- Doug reported that the Zoning Appeals Board met on February 29 regarding a zoning variance for a garage at a State Route 752 property. The Appeals Board approved this variance.
ROAD/CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT: None
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief and Mr. DeFelice have met with two architects and meet with one more tomorrow.
At 7:16pm Chief Edgington asked to go into executive session to discuss a personnel matter regarding a promotion within the fire department. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to go into executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes.
At 7:26pm Mr. De Felice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes.
A RESOLUTION TO PROMOTE PATRICK DAVIDSON TO FIRE CAPTAIN EFFECTIVE MARCH 6, 2016. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted. Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. The resolution R16-15 was approved.
- The Chief is trying to get more information regarding the county upgrade of the radios which will take place before the end of 2017.
- The election is on March 15 which is the date of the next scheduled Trustee meeting. The Trustees chose to hold the next regular meeting on Wednesday, March 16th at 7pm. The clerk will post notices on the website, at the township building and the fire station and notify the Circleville Herald.
- The cemetery fees were discussed. Craig Stevenson is supposed to be laying out a third of the next section. The clerk will call him and ask if he has started yet. The Trustees will not increase the rates at this time, but will consider an increase when the new section is ready for sale.
- The Trustees discussed the road repair estimates from the county. Hoover Road and Bulen-Pierce are the roads that are the worst. The county estimate for these roads is $216,000.00. Mr. DeFelice will check with the county for a quote to chip and seal these roads instead of paving them.
- Mr. DeFelice has two grant applications for the Township. He is working on the BWC Grant and asked if one of the Trustees would apply for the $500.00 OTARMA safety grant for First Aid Supplies and/or equipment for the Roads and Cemetery Employees. Mr. Welsh will apply for this grant.
- Township Safety Sign Grant Program: Mr. DeFelice said that Kevin said he doesn’t need any signs at this time.
- The Trustees signed a letter to the zoning secretary listing the requirements regarding zoning meeting legal notices, attendance and minutes.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
February 16, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 16, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Clark abstained from voting as he was absent from the February 16th meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF THE LONG TERM DISABILITY PLAN FOR FIREFIGHTERS TO OPEC AT THE CURRENT RATES WITH A RATE GUARANTEE UNTIL JANUARY 1, 2019. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-16.
- Ohio Insurance has offered a reporting program where they will prepare, print and mail IRS Form 1095-B, a statement for each covered employee to include their dependents that were enrolled in minimum essential coverage during 2015. They will also prepare IRS Form 1094-B, the transmittal that is required for the Township to submit to the IRS.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE PARTICIPATION IN THE OHIO INSURANCE ACA SMALL EMPLOYER REPORTING PROGRAM AT AN ANNUAL COST OF $50.00 PLUS $15.00 PER COVERED EMPLOYEE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-17.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-18.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the March 1, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm.