March 16, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
March 16, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of March 16, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also attending were Craig Stevenson and John Horsley.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Craig Stevenson from Harral & Stevenson proposed the layout he has prepared for the new section of the cemetery. They are suggesting keeping the same type of markers that were used previously. Mr. DeFelice asked Kevin to call OUPS and ask them to mark the existing water line.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE CRAIG STEVENSON LAY OUT THE NEXT TWO SECTIONS IN THE CEMETERY WITH 126 LOTS PER SECTION FOR $2500.00. THE TOWNSHIP WILL PURCHASE THE REBAR, IDENTIFYING MARKERS AND STAMPER KIT TO NUMBER THE MARKERS FOR APPROXIMATELY $1400.00 ALL TO BE PAID FROM CEMETERY IMPROVEMENT OF SITES 2041-760-760-0000. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-19.
A RESOLUTION FOR A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $4000.00 FROM THE CEMETERY FUND TO CEMETERY IMPROVEMENT OF SITES 2041-760-730-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-20.
- Doug went to the Salyers property and spoke to them about licensing the vehicles on their property. He was told that they will license the vehicles that are visible. According to Jayme, Assistant Prosecutor, all vehicles on the property must be licensed and in working order, whether visible or hidden.
- Doug received a call about the Bailey residence on Lockbourne Eastern Road. He took new pictures and sent them to Jayme. The property looks worse than it did a year ago.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Doug to start checking on the small road signs that interfere with mowing and issue violations where necessary.
- Doug was also asked to pull the permit for Greenlawn and see how many campers they are allowed to have on their property. They appear to be over the approved limit.
- Kevin asked for vacation from September 18-25. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to approve this time off. The Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion approved.
- Kevin also asked for Friday, March 18 off. The Trustees approved this.
- The cemetery roads need to be repaired, especially in section nine. The entrance also needs attention.
- The slave cylinder has gone out on the 1988 GMC.
- Mr. DeFelice offered to help Kevin clean and organize the building at the cemetery so that he would know what supplies he has and what is needed.
- Kevin had a list of parts needed for the cemetery mowers totaling $457.80. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this purchase.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
The Chief had no items requiring Trustee approval.
- The Trustees discussed the revised estimate from the County Engineer for road repairs for Hoover Road and Bulen-Pierce Road using chip and seal for $99,939.00
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE 2016 COUNTY WIDE PAVING PROJECT FROM THE COUNTY ENGINEER TO REPAIR HOOVER ROAD AND BULEN-PIERCE ROAD FOR A TOTAL OF $99,939.00 TO BE PAID FROM 2021-330-360-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted: Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. R16-21 was approved.
A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT THE ATTACHED DRUG-FREE WORK PLACE POLICY AS THE POLICY FOR ALL HARRISON TOWNSHIP EMPLOYEES, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-22.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT JOE DEFELICE TO REPRESENT HARRISON TOWNSHIP ON THE DISTRICT ADVISORY COUNCIL. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-23.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AN INCREASE TO THE FUNDING TO THE PICKAWAY COUNTY GENERAL HEALTH DISTRICT BY $47,500.00 PER YEAR BEGINNING IN 2017. (HARRISON TOWNSHIP WOULD PAY AN INCREASE OF APPROXIMATELY $1400.00 PER YEAR.) Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted three yes votes to approve R16-24.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
March 1, 2016 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of March 1, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE RECOMMENDATION OF CAREWORKS COMP TO SETTLE THE BWC CLAIM FOR JOSEPH CLARK WITH AN OFFER OF $1500.00 TO $2000.00 TO CLOSE THE CLAIM. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-25. Mr. Clark refrained from commenting or voting because of his relationship to Joseph Clark.
A RESOLUTION TO CHOOSE CARE WORKS COMP AS OUR THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR AS PART OF THE 2017 OHIO TOWNSHIP ASSOCIATION WORKER’S COMPENSATION GROUP RATING PROGRAM. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-26.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-27.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the March 16, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:55pm.