May 15, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
May 15, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of May 15, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Fire Chaplain Kevin Pees, Fire Captain Chad Noggle, Fire Captain Shawn Davidson, Fire Lieutenant Colt Cline and several family members and friends of Lieutenant Cline were also present.
Fire Chief Edgington presented Lieutenant Colt Cline with his Lieutenant’s badge and Ashley Cline pinned the badge on Lieutenant Cline. The Trustees and all present congratulated Lieutenant Cline and several pictures were taken.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None.
- Dale issued one zoning application for an accessory building for Robert Smith.
- Kevin presented a letter from Tim Tosca asking the cemetery employees to remove a shrub which is covering a headstone in Section 7 of the cemetery. The Trustees asked Kevin to cut it off and see what the root system looks like before trying to pull it out and possibly dislodging a headstone.
- The new traffic signs that were received from the ODOT grant must be installed by August 6, 2018. Mr. DeFelice asked Kevin to have them installed by the end of July.
- Kevin was asked to verify his receipts from Ashville Ace Hardware to be sure they are not adding sales tax.
- Dr. Freeman spoke to Kevin regarding the part-time employees at the cemetery. He is not scheduling Ed and Jim to work and they need to be scheduled. Dr. Freeman will meet with Kevin, Ed and Jim to work out a schedule.
- Dr. Freeman spoke with John Horsley regarding the cemetery computer program. John will have all of the information entered by the end of June.
- The load reduction signs need to be taken down and returned to the Pickaway County Engineer. Kevin will return them tomorrow.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Firefighter Jim Rinaldi submitted his resignation as a Full-Time Firefighter effective May 25, 2018. Mr. Welsh moved to accept this resignation and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve this motion.
- Mr. Welsh made a motion for the Chief to post for the position of a new Full-Time Firefighter immediately. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The Chief presented a bid from ALL-DO Welding & Fabrication, LLC for installing the Fire Escape at the Fire Station for $33,875.00. The bid from Lehman Daman Construction Services was $43,600.00. The Trustees compared the bids and the only difference was that the stairs would not be painted by ALL-DO Welding.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $36,000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO THE FIRE FUND TO PAY FOR THE EMERGENCY ESCAPE STAIRS AT THE FIRE STATION. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-39.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $36,000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND TO FIRE BUILDINGS 2111-760-720-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-40.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE BID AND HIRE ALL-DO WELDING & FABRICATION, LLC TO INSTALL AN EMERGENCY ESCAPE FROM THE SECOND FLOOR BUNK ROOM AT THE FIRE STATION. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-41.
A RESOLUTION TO CALL AND ADVERTIZE FOR A SPECIAL MEETING OF THE TRUSTEE BOARD ON JUNE 1, 2018 AT 9AM TO REVIEW APPLICATIONS AND SCHEDULE INTERVIEWS FOR THE FIRE CHIEF POSITION AND TO APPOINT A FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER FOR ONE UNIT. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-4
- There were no bids received for the purchase of the 2003 Chevy truck or the International Snowplow. The Trustees discussed advertising these two vehicles again in about a month.
- Dr. Freeman is working on the OTARMA safety grant.
A RESOLUTION TO CANCEL THE SCHEDULED TRUSTEE MEETING FOR JULY 3, 2018. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-43.
- Dale presented an estimate from Hoover Construction for a new 60,000 BTU Goodman furnace for the Township Building for $1950.00. The current unit is too loud to run during business meetings, but could be used in the large building behind the fire station.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE AND INSTALLATION OF A NEW 60,000 BTU GOODMAN FURNACE FOR THE TOWNSHIP BUILDING FOR $1950.00 FROM HOOVER CONSTRUCTION. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-44.
- The Trustees discussed the cemetery and roads employees and how a schedule is needed so that all part-time employees are scheduled to work each pay period. There was also a discussion regarding how Darryl has gone above and beyond what was asked or expected of him when he was hired in January, especially during Kevin’s absence. After some discussion, the Trustees voted to increase Darryl’s salary. Dr. Freeman will notify Darryl.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE DARRYL WARD’S SALARY FOR CEMETERY WORK TO TWELVE DOLLARS ($12.00) AN HOUR AND ROAD WORK TO FIFTEEN DOLLARS ($15.00) PER HOUR STARTING MAY 27, 2018. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-45.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 1, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 1, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-46.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the May 15, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm.