HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
November 18, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 18, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Fire Chief Eric Edgington was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- A zoning violation has been sent to Davina Martin and also to Patricia Boyd, the previous owner.
- Danny Bailey’s deadline was November 10th, not December 10th. The property still has not been cleaned up. Joe contacted Jayme and she is extremely busy but will get to this in a couple of weeks.
- Joe attended a zoning workshop. He will begin issuing a Certificate of Zoning Compliance after work has been completed on a zoning application.
- UCS Concrete Company is planning to go in where Crop Production was on Weigand Road. It is already zoned general business.
- The county salt/grits are in.
- The truck is ready to be picked up.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The interviews for the position of Fire Captain will be held at the township building on Tuesday, November 25 at 9am until all interviews are done. Mr. Welsh will attend these interviews. The Trustees will meet with The Chief on December 5th to make the appointment.
- The Chief would like to give $200.00 from Other Expenses to the Firefighter’s Association to help pay for the Christmas Dinner. The Trustees agreed to this expense.
- MBI is suggesting a rate increase of 1.4% for 2015.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE MBI RATE INCREASE FOR THE EMS BILLING FOR 2015 BY 1.4%. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-95.
- The Indigent Burial policy will be discussed at the next meeting.
- The State of Ohio asked for any permit renewal objections for the current liquor licenses. The Trustees had none.
- Do we need to put the trash contract out for bid? The Trustees prefer to stay with Local Waste. Mr. Clark will call the Prosecutor and ask if we have to put it out for bid. If we need to, the clerk will put a legal notice in the Herald.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 4, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 4, 2014 with the correction of the date for the deadline given to Danny Bailey as November 10 instead of December 10. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to accept the minutes as corrected.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R14-96.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the November 18, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:20pm.