HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 18, 2020
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 18, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Trustee Michael Freeman and Zoning Inspector Ben Bitler were absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- DeFelice reported that the zoning board will meet on the November 18th in regards to the proposed storage unit on Weigand Road for conditional use.
- DeFelice reported that Ben is finalizing the permits for the 2020 year.
- DeFelice reported the corner of State Route 762 and Airbase Road is requesting to be rezoned to Rickenbacker Business District. Mr. DeFelice stated that it needs to go before the county first, then the Harrison Township Zoning Board and finally to the Harrison Township Trustees.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT BUCK SPANGLER TO THE ZONING APPEALS BOARD FOR THE 2021 THROUGH 2025 TERM. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R20-114.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT RONDE COOK-BRUSHART TO THE ZONING COMMISSION FOR THE 2021 THROUGH 2025 TERM. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R20-115.
ROAD SUPERINTENDENT: None
- Darryl reported that the electric box has been installed and finished.
- Chief Noggle reported that he received the written resignation from Philip Engler and a request to stay on as a reserve firefighter. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to accept the written resignation of Philip Engler effective November 28, 2020. The Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle reported that he met with the three builders and the committee will meet again on November 30 at 1:00pm to go over the initial numbers.
- Chief Noggle reported that some siding and a new roof could potentially be included in the renovation.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE PHILIP ENGLER AS RESERVE FIREFIGHTER STARTING ON NOVEMBER 28, 2020 WITH A WAGE OF $14.00 PER HOUR. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded, and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R 20-116.
A RESOLUTION TO MAINTAIN A COMMITTEE CONSISTING OF CHIEF NOGGLE, TRUSTEE BILL WELSH AND JOHN ANKROM IN REGARDS TO BRINGING THE INFORMATION FOR THE BUILING AND CONTRACTORS WITH THE FIRE HOUSE ADDITION. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded, and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R 20-117.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE UNITED HEALTH CARE INSURANCE RENEWAL PLAN WITH THE OHIO CHAMBER MEWA FOR MEDICAL INSURANCE FOR 2021 WITH THE ANDREWS GROUP INSURANCE. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R20-118.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 4, 2020 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting November 4, 2020 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve R20-119.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 18, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:19am.