HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 4, 2020
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 4, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Michael Freeman, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Ben Bitler, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Visitors present were Firefighters Roger Fitzpatrick, Jeremy Lutz, Shawn Davidson, Colt Cline, Phil Engler,William Dekle, Lacey Perigo, Zack Hall, Vincent Mattia, Andrew Patterson and Jeff Rosencrance. Visitors Priya Andrews and Ginnie Andrews with Andrews Insurance, Linda Faulk and John Ankrom were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- The Andrews Group presented their insurance options and were present to answer questions
- Linda Faulk presented insurance options and was present to answer answer questions.
- Ben reported that he is working with Jerry from the Health Department about the trash and weeds that were around the trailer that was removed from Ashville Pike near Lockbourne Lodge.
- Ben reported that he spoke with Jayme at the Prosecutor’s office in regards to ordinances that address cleanup of property. She stated that the township would be the entity to establish a resolution on behalf of the township.
- Ben reported that the zoning permits are now online for residents to print.
- Jared reported that he is beginning to evaluate the roads that will need repaired in 2021.
- Darryl reported that he has shut off the water at the cemetery for the season.
- Darryl reported that the plow trucks are ready for the winter season.
- Chief Noggle reported that Justin Borghese has requested to extend his Leave of Absence to February 1, 2021 to finish Paramedic School. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to approve the extended unpaid leave of Justin Borghese to February 1, 2021 to finish Paramedic School. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- John Ankrom reported the grades for the Fire Station Remodel. The committee narrowed it down to three builders:
- Elford Builders
- Jay-Car Construction Company
- Chief Noggle reported that the Fire Other Expenses Account has been used for expenses more than expected and requested to move money to cover upcoming expenses.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE REALLOCATION OF $45,000.00 FROM THE FIRE PART TIME SALARIES ACCOUNT TO THE FIRE OTHER EXPENSES ACCOUNT AND A PURCHASE ORDER TO MATCH TO COVER REPORTING SOFTWARE AND OTHER EXPENSES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-112.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 21, 2020 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting October 21, 2020 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-113.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded the motion to adjourn the November 4, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 10:48am.