HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
October 2, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of October 2, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Michael & Danielle Tourtellot and Darryl Krahn were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Michael & Danielle Tourtellot said they had come to observe the meeting.
- Darryl Krahn stated he wanted to support the Delong Grainery. Mr. DeFelice said he was welcome to attend the Public Hearing for the Delong Company.
- Kevin reported that Darryl Buckler has replaced all of the bricks around his parent’s gravesite. Dr. Freeman asked Kevin to get all of the other gravesites in that section cleaned up according to the Rules and Regulations and then remove Mr. Buckler’s bricks last.
- Kevin needs six plywood sheets to cover the open graves at the cemetery. The Trustees approved the purchase of these.
- The Pickaway County Engineer has decided not to do the striping on the newly paved roads. The cost of having it done by a private company is more than twice the price we were planning to pay. Mr. DeFelice recommended waiting until next year when the Engineer’s office is striping. The Trustees agreed.
- The Fiscal Officer received a letter asking for a duplicate deed and she asked Kevin to put it in the safe for John Horsley who writes all of the cemetery deeds.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief had previously given the Trustees a Citizen’s Complaint Process and Form. The Chief asked for any questions regarding the process or form. Mr. Welsh moved to adopt this process and complaint form for the Fire Department. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- All-Do-Welding is working on the stair installation. There are some electrical issues that Pritchard needs to re-route in the wall before they can continue.
- The Trustees will have the swearing-in for Tim Campbell and Isaac Wojciechowski on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
- Greenlawn asked for some time to get the number of trailers on their lot back to the 35 allowed. Dale gave them a couple of weeks.
- The Trustees received the recommendation from the Zoning Commission to deny the change of zoning for the Delong Company and scheduled a public hearing.
A RESOLUTION TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER THE CHANGE OF ZONING FOR THE DELONG COMPANY ON OCTOBER 16, 2018 AT 6:00PM. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-88.
- Mr. DeFelice explained the difference between General Business vs. Planned Business (17.02 of the Zoning Resolution) and also Conditional Use (17.03).
- The Trustees signed a letter to the Zoning Secretary stating the importance of arranging hearings in a timely manner and also reminding her to get the audio recordings to the Fiscal Officer.
- John Horsley was not able to attend tonight’s meeting or the October 16 meeting. Dr. Freeman will call him. It has been a year since he was given the computer and program to enter the cemetery data into the computer and it hasn’t been started.
- Mr. DeFelice said the Pickaway County Health Department wants to put a ½ mil levy on the next fall ballot. If passed, the amount that each township and village would submit to the Health Department would be half of the current amount.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRUSTEES VOTING FOR APPROVAL OF PLACING A ½ MIL LEVY ON THE 2019 BALLOT. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-89.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
September 18, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 18, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $3000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND 1000-420-370-000 PMT TO ANOTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION TO 1000-110-382-0005 GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-90.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $4500.00 FROM THE ROADS FUND 2031-330-323-0000 REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE TO 2031-330-381-0005 GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-91.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $20,000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND 2111-760-720-0000 BUILDINGS TO 2111-220-381-0005 GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-92.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $1000.00 FROM THE GENERAL FUND 1000-310-360-0000 TAX COLLECTION FEES TO 1000-110-360-0000 CONTRACTED SERVICES. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-93.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $5000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND 2111-760-720-0000 BUILDINGS TO 2111-220-599-0000 OTHER EXPENSES. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-94.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-95..
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the October 2, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:30pm.