HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
September 16, 2020
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of September 16, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Michael Freeman, Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward, Road Superintendent Jared Conner and Zoning Inspector Ben Bitler.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Ben reported a zoning permit for an accessory shed at 2760 Duvall Court
- Ben reported a zoning permit for a sign at 51 West Center Street.
- DeFelice stated that the sign on Route 23 for the Revival Celebration is back up and asked Ben to check out the signs for approval
- Jared reported that Digger McCray finished the ditchline on Bulen Pierce.
- Lindsay presented a letter from the Pickaway County Engineer that stated the salt allotment for the year is 59 tons and will be $78/ton for salt and $41/ton for Salt/Grits.
- Jared stated that the new dump truck has a tarp that is continuing to coil up so that it has to be bungeed down. Replacement for a new tarp is $1300 and comes with a lifetime warranty
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE UP TO $1300.00 FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE ROLLUP TARP FOR THE SNOWPLOW DUMPTRUCK. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-96.
- The bids for the 1988 dumptruck were opened and the highest bid from Terry Little was accepted.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE BID FROM TERRY LITTLE FOR $3,101 FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE 1988 CHEVY SIERRA DUMPTRUCK. Mr. DeFelice moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-97.
- Darryl presented the idea of purchasing a 12 x 12 tent, carpet and chairs for cremation services that can be rented for $100.00.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE OF A 12 X 12 TENT, CARPET AND CHAIRS FOR ANY CEMETERY SERVICES AND CAN BE RENTED FOR USING ANY PART OF THE EQUIPMENT FOR A $100 FEE. Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-98.
- Chief Noggle reported that Mastracci and Mattia have started.
- Chief Noggle presented a written resignation from Josh Mollohan resigning effective September 15, 2020. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to accept the resignation of Josh Mollohan. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle reported that they are ready for the moving of the barn behind the fire station.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
September 2, 2020 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting September 2, 2020 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-99.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded the motion to adjourn the September 16, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:15 am.