HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
September 3, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of September 3, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice were absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
ZONING INSPECTOR: No Report
- Kevin looked at a ditch in front of Gary Harris’ Duvall Road property that is deep. Mr. Harris wants a tile put in or the ditch filled in. The Trustees asked Kevin to keep an eye on it when we get rain.
- The wood trim needs to be painted on the building at the cemetery that has the new roof.
- He needs two batteries for the two-way radios. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Dan Heeter has quit working at the cemetery and roads jobs as of August 20, 2013.
- The clerk read a letter from ODOT stating that Kevin has completed his training and qualified as a Level 2 Road Scholar.
- Zach Hall would like to work at the cemetery and help on the roads.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE FIREFIGHTER ZACHARY HALL TO HELP KEVIN WHEN NEEDED BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 5, 2013. HE WILL BE PAID $12.00 PER HOUR FOR CEMETERY WORK AND $15.00 PER HOUR FOR HELPING ON THE ROADS. ONCE HE ACQUIRES HIS CDL LICENSE HE WILL BE PAID $20.00 PER HOUR FOR DRIVING THE SNOW PLOW. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R13-77.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT: No Report
- Mr. Welsh attended the Budget Commission meeting for our 2014 budget. The Budget Commission certified the budget and the County Auditor’s estimate of the rate of tax for each fund. The Trustees now need to accept these amounts and rates.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE AMOUNTS AND RATES AS DETERMINED BY THE BUDGET COMMISSION AND AUTHORIZING THE NECESSARY TAX LEVIES AND CERTIFYING THEM TO THE COUNTY AUDITOR FOR THE FISCAL YEAR COMMENCING JANUARY 1, 2014. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted. Roll call: Mr. Peters, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. The motion passed and R13-78 was approved.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
- The Groves Public Hearing of August 20,2013: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the Groves Public Hearing of August 20, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
- August 20, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 20, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The clerk asked to combine the CDs that mature on the same day and are pooled funds or the same fund. The trustees agreed.
A RESOLUTION TO COMBINE CD 677, CD 678 AND CD680 WHICH ARE ALL POOLED FUNDS INTO ONE CD FOR THE COMBINED AMOUNT ON THE DAY OF MATURITY. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-79.
A RESOLUTION TO COMBINE CD 694 AND CD695 WHICH ARE BOTH GENERAL FUND INTO ONE CD FOR THE COMBINED AMOUNT ON THE DAY OF MATURITY. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-80.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-81.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the September 3, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:30pm.