September 6, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
September 6, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of September 6, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Fire Chief Eric Edgington was absent. Also present were Captain Chad Noggle, Joey Clark, and JP Elliott. Tamara Blackburn arrived after the meeting had begun.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Tamara Blackburn asked the Trustees for advice regarding the zoning violation she received for the abandoned cars on her mother’s property. The cars belonged to her brother who is deceased and his wife is unable to be located. Blackburn has contacted attorneys and junk yards and she can’t have the vehicles removed without titles and she can’t get titles. The Trustees were not certain but stated they will check with the Prosecutor’s office and try to get an answer for her.
- Doug had no items to present to the Trustees.
- Kevin will be on vacation from September 17 to October 4. This has previously been approved.
- Kevin has a recertification class tomorrow, September 7.
- Scott Pritchard checked the electrical at the township building and found no problems. He also checked the electrical system at the Roads Building at the cemetery and said we are at maximum usage when using the air conditioner. The Trustees approved Scott’s bill for $125.00.
- The Noxious Weeds/Mowing Letter was received back from the Post Office for the address at 4412 SR 752, Ashville, owned by Stephanie R Johnson. The Post Office was unable to forward the letter. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to have Kevin mow the property after walking it and checking for debris. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes and the motion passed. The clerk will ask the auditor to attach the mowing fee to the property taxes.
- Mr. DeFelice has been pricing trucks to replace the 2003 Chevy. Byers has a 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 with a utility bed for $32,048. Coughlin has a 2017 Ford F250 with a utility box at a State Bid Fleet ID price of $29,842.
A RESOLUTION TO PURCHASE THE 2017 FORD F250 WITH A UTILITY BOX FROM COUGHLIN AT A STATE BID/FORD FLEET PRICE OF $29,842.00. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-62.
A RESOLUTION TO MAKE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE ROADS FUND TO ROADS MACHINERY, EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE 2031-760-740-0000 FOR $30,000.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted as follows. Mr. Clark, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. R16-63 was approved.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief was not present for the meeting. Mr. Welsh stated that the Chief is going to appoint Jim Rinaldi as EMS coordinator.
- John Horsley was scheduled to meet with the Trustees at 7:30pm but was not present.
- Mr. DeFelice will attend the Health Department meeting on September 13th. They will take a vote to rescind the previously approved $47,500.00 increase and to appoint a steering committee for future planning. The Trustees agreed that Mr. DeFelice should vote yes on both issues.
- Mr. Welsh and Mr. DeFelice went to the meeting for the North Gate Alliance Foundation. We need a representative to sit on the steering committee to set up the foundation and appoint people to serve on the Foundation Board. Mr. DeFelice moved to elect Mr. Welsh as our representative to serve on the steering committee for the North Gate Alliance Foundation. Mr. Clark seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes and the motion was approved.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 16, 2016 Public Hearing: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the public hearing of August 16, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried. Mr. Clark abstained from voting as he was not present for most of this hearing.
August 16, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 16, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION FOR A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE FIRE FUND TO TAX COLLECTION FEES 2111-220-314-0000 OF $500.00 IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE SECOND HALF MOBILE HOME REAL ESTATE TAXES AND PAY THE TAX COLLECTION FEES. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-64.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-65.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the September 6, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.